(It is required under New York State law that you receive the following information on lead exposure)
- Do discuss with your employer ways to reduce possible lead exposure on the job.
- Do damp mop and damp dust rather than sweep and dry dust.
- Do avoid drinking acidic liquids from imported ceramic cups, mugs or from leaded crystal.
- Do avoid the use of traditional folk remedies or cosmetics which might contain lead.
- Do avoid lead-related crafts to avoid exposure to lead.
- Do wash hands thoroughly before meal preparation.
- Do run water from the faucet for at least a minute until it runs cold before collecting for drinking and cooking.
- Don't be in the home when renovations that may involve lead-based paint are taking place.
- Don't clean-up after renovations involving lead-based paint.
- Don't strip paint from antique furniture, such as cribs and rocking chairs.
- Don't store food in open imported cans.